Many teachers welcome volunteers in the classroom during the day. If you are interested in volunteering in your child’s classroom as a homeroom parent or as a reading/math volunteer, please click here to download the PPE Room Parent Handbook 2019-2020.
Room Parents are a very important group of volunteers both to the teachers and to the school volunteer group. The responsibilities of the Room Parents are many and vary from teacher to teacher. Some teachers have their Room Parents just plan parties, while other teachers also have them put together the volunteer schedule, arrange for field trip volunteers, assist at special events, offer parent/student tutoring and more.
Room Parents are also vital because they are the link to the parents in the class for getting volunteers for school events. This handbook will outline the Room Parent responsibilities; provide sample communications to the parents and other necessary information.
Room Parents are strongly urged to be Plantation Park Elementary PTA members. Please click here to join PTA. Room Parents are asked to communicate PTA news with their classroom parents. You will be called upon often to organize and be a liaison for activities throughout the school year.
Room Parent Responsibilities:
- Promote class involvement in school-wide spirit activities
- Create, distribute and maintain a classroom contact list
- Offer a homework helper contact list
- Coordinate Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week gifts & events with PTA
- Offer testing week assistance, i.e., test proctoring or student snack breaks
- Classroom mentoring and tutoring, i.e., sight word help, math flashcards
- Coordinate seasonal parties for classroom camaraderie and educational fun
Want to be a room parent? Email email@example.com for more information.